The Stress Behind Final Exams

The Stress Behind Final Exams

Charlotte Hohner, Staff Writer

With the end of the year coming, students have many things to think about. One of these things are tests. Final exams are stressful, but with the right techniques they are simple to pass.

End of year testing is typically a way for schools to assess students’ knowledge and skills in various subjects. Including math, science, English, and social studies. These tests can take different forms, such as multiple-choice, short answer, and essay questions. They may also be timed. Which adds to the stress students feel during testing. According to a 9th grade student from Somerset Academy Canyons, “When tests are timed all I can think about is the clock.” Instead of worrying about the clock, students should pace themselves to have the best outcome and take advantage of the time, stress free.

One of the main reasons why end of year testing is so important is that it can have a significant impact on a student’s academic record. An 11th grade student at Somerset Academy Canyons said, “My final scores are really important to me because I don’t want to be put in intensive classes.” Test scores can be used to determine a student’s eligibility for honors classes, advanced placement courses, and even college admissions.

While end of year testing can be stressful, it’s important for high school students to remember that these exams are just one part of their academic record. Even if they don’t perform as well as they hoped, there are many other factors that colleges and universities consider when making admissions decisions. With preparation, students can perform their best on these exams and finish the school year on a strong note.