Dance Marathon Club Gears Up For School’s First Annual Winter Festival

Ava Goren, Staff Writer

The members of the Dance Marathon Club are working like Santa’s elves to prepare reindeer themed treats for the school’s First Annual Winter Festival on December 2nd. It’s the Dance Marathon Club’s founding year here at Somerset Canyons and the members are participating in events aimed at raising money for St. Jude Children’s Hospital.

Dance Marathon is a charity club that plans events both on and offline to encourage people to donate to St. Jude. Members participate in friendly competition with each other to raise the most money on their individual funding pages. Ultimately, the proceeds go towards providing vital technology and companionship for St. Jude’s “Miracle Children” who are battling terminal disease.“I’m excited for the festival and can’t wait to help children in need by visiting the Dance Marathon booth.” Sophomore Sao Arango said.

“The candy canes will be fantastic! And also, you’ll be able to know you’re helping children to have a better life…and helping children with terminal illnesses.” the club’s president, Carrie Wahlfrid said tickets cost $5 per adult and $3 per child and all are welcome!. Tickets for each booth are $1.00 per ticket

Make sure you visit the Dance Marathon Booth at the Winter Festival on December 2nd between 6:00-10:00 P.M!