Somerset Strikes at Bowling Victory Early on in Season

The Boys Bowling Team were victorious against Pope John Paul High School in Boca this past Sept. 13th

The Boy’s Bowling Team were victorious against Pope John Paul High School in Boca this past Sept. 13th

Sally Alexandra Brown, Co-Editor

This past September 13th at Pope John Paul High School in Boca Raton, Somerset’s Boys and Girls Bowling Team took top positions in the Southern Part of the district. The girl’s team performed especially well winning the game with a final pin count of 1787 versus 966. Charley Korb and Skylar Greenberg made great showings at the match as Charley took the lead with a 199 and 174. The girls had tied for the highest-scoring game in the district with their 779 pin game. As a result, the girl’s team became second in the southern part of the district!

The Boy’s team also took a win with a final pin count of 2125 versus the other team’s 1505. Jaylen Sisco displayed his bowling prowess with an incredible 268. While 6th-grade student Aiden Abdool scored a turkey. Austin Ward had scored a 230, placing him third in the league in pinfall. As a team, the boys had scored a baker game of over 250. In game 2, the boys had performed even better with their cumulative average of 185. Following the match, the boys moved from 7th to 5th in the Southern part of the county.

Skylar Greenberg, a bowler for the Girl’s Team, stated “I feel like the team dynamic is better than ever before which is apparent in our games, we all have a lot of spirit that influences how we play. Overall this year’s team is extremely reliable and just fun to hang out with in general”.