Testing Time= Stressing Time

Whether multiple choice or short answer, students are feeling the pressure of performing well on exams.

Madison Barrass, Grammar Editor

As the school year reaches the middle of the first quarter, the stress is building up each and every day. In addition to trying to handle college level courses, testing is becoming a major source of stress for many students.  Scholars are being forced to work smarter rather than harder in order to meet expectations. 

“The hardest part about balancing testing is making sure that I understand all of the information before the exam.  It is very important to do well on the tests within my higher level classes because they are a large part of my grade.” says Hannah Lau, a sophomore. “I go over my notes twice before the exam. I find that this helps me remember important details”. 

Many students have found Quizlet and flashcards as beneficial study tools when preparing for exams.  Others have found that going through their notes a few times and highlighting key points helps them retain important aspects.  

In addition, having the right mentality can play a key role. If you have confidence in yourself and believe that you can perform well, maybe you will do just that. “I find that trusting myself and getting a good night’s sleep beforehand has helped me perform well within my classes” , says tenth grader Mallory Barrass. 

Without a doubt, exams are one of the most stressful components that come with being a student. The pressure to do well on an evaluation can stir up a pot of anxiety. However, whether it be as large of a test as the SAT/ACT or a classroom exam, the key is finding what study method works best for you.