HOSA Takes Multiple Wins at Regional Competition

Back to Article
Back to Article

Our HOSA students smile for the camera as they wait to hear the results of the events.

Mrs. Clancy

Mrs. Clancy

Mrs. Clancy

Colby Abuhoff and Zen Cacho

On January 28th, Somerset Canyons’s Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA) members competed in and won in several events in the HOSA Regional Competition. The competition was held at Keiser University in West Palm Beach. Our cougars competed in order to help better their skills in certain medical fields.

Emma Carter came in 1st in Medical Reading Exam.

Andrea Noriega came in 1st in Clinical Specialty.

Romella and Kacy Lagos brought in the 1st place win for Original Innovation Presentation.

Mrs. Berry stands with Anne Charles (far left) and Elvis (far right), who won 1st in Forensics, and Estefania Tafur (middle left), who came 3rd in medical Math Exam.

Some of the events in the competition were general knowledge, community awareness, public service announcements, forensic science, dental science, and clinical specialty.

Several of Somerset’s competitors made it into the top five in various events. This accomplishment allowed many of those students to become eligible to attend the state competition, which will be held on March 27-31.

“We had 82 people compete,” said Mrs. Berry, our school medical teacher and HOSA supervisor. “The feeling was exhilarating, exciting, and fulfilling.”