NHS Delivers Holiday Cheer to Children’s Hospital

Back to Article
Back to Article

The NHS board members (left to right) Alexandra Garroway, Amanda Brennan, Michael McNeill, Christina Salsberry, and Braden Strackman stand behind the delivered stockings at The Children's Hospital at Palms West.

Michael McNeill, Design Editor

On Wednesday, December 12th, our schools’ National Honor Society (NHS) chapter delivered holiday stockings to The Children’s Hospital at Palms West.

Over the month of December, members of our NHS chapter put together stockings filled with goodies, such as coloring books, crayons, playing cards, and other small toys. After a grand total of 71 stockings were collected, the board members got together in their festive attire and drove to the hospital to drop them off.

Amanda Brennan, our chapter’s NHS secretary, organized the event. She said, “I was interested in this project because I love Christmas, and I wanted to spread some holiday cheer to the kids in the hospital since I want to be a Physician’s Assistant.”

This event was a part of the Pay It Forward program, which is dedicated to spreading kindness around the world. Our National Honor Society members were very happy to be a part of this in order to bring these kids a holiday surprise.

Alexandra Garroway
(Left to right) Braden Strackman and Amanda Brennan pull wagons of stockings to drop off.

When asked about how this experience was, Braden Strackman, the NHS chapter president, said, “The stocking drive showcased our club’s commitment to helping the community. I’m really proud of how our club has grown this year and am thankful to everyone who donated a stocking!”

Michael McNeill, Design Editor

Michael is a senior at Somerset Canyons who has attended the school since the first day it opened. He is originally from North Carolina, but moved to Florida...