Somerset Students Sign with Dream Schools

Back to Article
Back to Article

Morgan Coppini and Michael Materetsky relinquish their Cougar claws to become a Hawk and Hatter.

David Colon

David Colon

David Colon

Dominic Giallombardo, Newspaper Staff Writer

The high school athletic department celebrated the achievements of Michael Materetsky and Morgan Coppini this past Wednesday.

Michael, a baseball player, signed a contract with Stetson University in the SAC gymnasium as administration, coaches and invited guests showed their pride and support. Michael Materetsky got a full-ride to Stetson as well as university merchandise.

Michael said baseball is his life and going to Stetson will benefit his baseball career.

David Colon
Michael Materetsky sits with SAC Athletic Director, David Rovirosa, Stetsons Coach, and Principal Groezinger at his signing on April 11th.

Morgan, a lacrosse player, signed a contract with Huntington College in Montgomery, Alabama. She will major in education and minor in special education.

“My brother played lacrosse and needed someone to shoot on so he put me in the goal,” Morgan said. “I’ve been playing ever since”.

David Colon
Mr. Groezinger beams with pride as he hands over two of his seniors to their future colleges.