TV and Its Effects on Kids

Anna Rosa, Ali Abd, and Alexa Plumb

The average amount of television a student watches per day has created a negative impact on our students, which has resulted in the decline of student’s grades and increase in violent behavior.

Most students spend their nights watching a television show or Netflix, instead of doing homework. Students roughly watch an average of 4 hours of television per day. This has resulted in the decline of grades because instead of studying or doing homework, students are watching television.

According to esmonitor.com, “There is at this point massive research evidence that kids who spend more time watching TV will get lower test scores and lower grades,” says Michael Morgan, a researcher on the effects of television.

Television can affect children’s behavior due to what kind of content they view on television. If they are watching content with strong language and violence, students can act more tense and aggressive. In general, television is not bad for a students’ health, academics, and behavior. Many students have been negatively affected by television.

According to theunboundspirit.com, “One of the most harmful effects of watching television is that TV appears to portray or report reality, when in fact it just allows us to get a small glimpse of what is really going on.”