Cougars To Battle Sharks in School Duel

The SC School Duel team with their Sponsor! From left to right: Braden Strackman, Ash Rahman, Ms. Schooley (team sponsor), Emma Carter, and Enya Clancy.

Christina Salsberry, Editor

Tune in to channel 19 (becon-tv) Thursday, April 12th at 7 pm to watch the Cougars face off against the Spanish River Sharks in School Duel!

If you have not heard of School Duel before, “[it] is the exciting academic quiz show where high school teams compete to win. School Duel is South Florida’s only locally-produced, academic-based quiz show and is hosted by former HEATV star Lisa Lee. The 19-show School Duel series features twenty high school teams from Broward, Miami-Dade and Palm Beach Counties. The four-person teams compete in a single elimination tournament to determine the South Florida academic champion. 59 high schools in the area competed in an online test to be part of the show and the top 20 schools made it to the “televised” rounds,” according to the School Duel website.

Watch as four of our juniors – Ash Rahman, Braden Strackman, Emma Carter, and Enya Clancy – go head-to-head against the Sharks.

The School Duel team with Principal Groezinger and their alternate, Max Granat.